Master Mike Lee of Masters Martial Arts and Fitness located in Syosset, NY has been teaching Tae Kwon Do for more than three decades and has appeared on the cover of TKD Times Magazine.
He also served as Head Instructor and Coach of the Columbia University Tae Kwon Do Team from 1991-2014.
In recent years, Master Lee has learned a lot about the business of teaching private lessons and is having great success with his private lesson program.
You see, Master Lee’s school grosses approximately $300,000 dollars per year in a modest, non-prime location. But amazingly, nearly 40% of this revenue comes from teaching private lessons.
The beauty part is that he works only 12 to 15 hours per week.
As a result, he has plenty of time to spend with his wife and kids. He has personal freedom. Financial independence. Low stress, etc. All things which are quite rare for many instructors these days.
Below you will find a link to a very potent 70 minute audio strategy session with Master Lee, conducted by GCI President, Rob Colasanti. The two discuss the gamut of how and why Master Lee runs his private lesson program the way he does. Even more, he provides you with concise action steps for modeling his successful system.
Master Lee has also shared with you:
1. A document that outlines his pricing structure.
2. His “Pro Trainer Guidebook” which Master Lee gives to fitness trainers who want to incorporate martial arts into their sessions. [NOTE: The girl on the cover with Master Lee purchased 60 lessons from him at $125 each during a recent summer.]
3. The above video of him teaching an actual private lesson with a student who is paying $130 per session, four times a month, on a 9 month program. [WARNING: The sheer simplicity of this lesson may pleasantly surprise you.]
4. A brief video of a private lesson “dad” striking the mitts (above.)
5. A $10,400 private lesson renewal check that Master Lee receive at the time this post was written.
Listen to the interview, watch the videos, review the documents—and you’ll quickly realize that teaching highly profitable privates is something you too can do…if you want.
Thank you, Master Lee!